Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Powerman Malaysia 2010








Before the race: preparing...



Powerman Malaysia was a good race. It made me realised how weak I was in bike. After the Spain World University Triathlon Championships in June this year, I store my bicycle into BIKE LABZ shop right after i touched down from the airport. From then till now, I have not ride a single time on the bike. Having no training at all for the bike leg, I felt useless right after the 5.5km run and right into the 32km bike...

the 5.5km run gave me the boost of entering the transition area as the first sprint lady... as the motor cycle followed me out of the transition, it slowly moved forward as the rest of the girls came passing me. i felt so relax on the bike as I did not know how to really push in the bike leg.. As people ride past me, I was smiling at them, signalling my relax and "take it easy" posture:)

as the 32km bike leg came to an end, It was time to run again.. 5km... I was wondering how much time I will take and what position I would end up with. However, given no pacing or girls right in front to chase, I ran hard, but not as hard. In end end clocking a good 5km timing after the bike... 7th position. My worst ever duathlon race i have done before... all due to lack of bike training..

I looked back at my 2008 results where i came in 3rd for the long distance 11km run, 64km bike and then 11km run... I realised that my bike time for the 64km bike leg was 2 hr 9min... and for this year 32km i did 1 hr 12 mins... it is really a joke.. but compared my running times, I improved tremendously.

I guess that is what happens when I shifted my focus from triathlon to running. I have never regretted it once. the sprint served as a good gauge of my running form and speed, it also served as a pretty good motivation for me...

to train harder for the upcoming Asean University Games 10km and 5km the day after...

:)

No comments: